Friday 31 March 2023

How to be yourself outside your room

 "Be yourself" is one of the things every philosophy, guru, friend, teacher, parent, la dee da tells you as the number one rule of life. I tell it to myself every day but what the hell does that mean? It beats me. Because I am not one thing. I am many but I can't be all of that in one place at a certain time and day and that particular alignment of the stars. But yes, I've noticed that I am scared of rejection. I acknowledge it fully. I am super scared of rejection. I didn't strike up a few conversations because I assumed that they didn't want to talk and didn't even find out because I didn't want to get no as an answer even though that would be fine with me. I am scared of rejection. But I want to let go of that fear now. I want to roam fear-free. Practically, I could start by taking chances I didn't before. But first, I need to observe when I stop myself due to fear of rejection then only I can understand and change it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment