Saturday 3 January 2015

The Struggle of texting first.

That awkward moment when you want to text someone but you don't want to look desperate so you DESPERATELY wait for them to text first.
I do that. I know you do too. 
It's so frustrating, really. So, you're talking to this guy on tinder or facebook or whatever the hell it is you're chatting on and he's pretty nice.(which means he makes you smile at your phone)
 Funny with flirty thing going on and all. Just really interesting to talk to. So, you chat for hours and before you realise, it's 12 am, but you don't care. 
The next day, you see him online and you're just like," Oh hey, yay! He's online! WE SHOULD TOTALLY TALK BUT. (That 'but' ruins it all)
You open your chat and are so close to touching your keypad but you don't, you just don't.
Because of this question- WHY SHOULD I START THE CONVERSATION?
Boom. Result is- None of you start the conversation and you end up just staring at your phone screen with hopeful eyes. Waiting and waiting. 
This goes on for about a week, then two weeks and hey, it's a month now.
And you just sit and wonder, why didn't he text me back after that awesome conversation we had?
Overthinking, starts in 3,2 and 1.
And then, you hear this sound from your phone.
What the fuck just happened? 
You are so excited that you might just throw your phone. But you tell yourself,"okay, calm down. I mean it's not a big deal, he just texted you. WHAT. YAY! HE TEXTED ME.
So, after a minute of excitement, you reply.
And no, your reply doesn't remotely show how happy you are. I mean you're just like, "Oh hey"
Translate- OMYGAWD! I'M SO GLAD WE'RE TALKING.
This is you, smiling at your phone.


And this goes on.
Tell me this has never happened with you.  I think it's funny but at the same time, you are giving yourself a hard time. A hard time with a lot of overthinking and waiting. So, maybe you shouldn't think too much about sending that,''hey'' to the guy or girl you like. I mean what's the worst that could happen? Them thinking that you're too desperate but trust me, that's just your negativity and fear which by the way could also be holding them back from texting you.

This is for both, girls and guys. We all have those questions and doubts in our head but we really shouldn't let them control. (I know, look who's talking but I'm trying to change that.)
So, text that fascinating girl or guy whenever you want to. Show them that you like talking to them or they might think that you don't care. But you do, right? Of course you do.

Anyway, thank you for reading this and I hope you guys were able to relate.

I'd really like to know what you thought of my blog but I'm no mind-reader so please leave your opinions in the comment section. Criticism or Praises, I accept them all graciously. They're your opinions and they matter though try not to be too harsh with words, you'll know if you've read my first post. :)

Take care and stay awesome.
xoxo










3 comments:

  1. hi shitty blogger we meet again ok ur was a little better but still very bad it was a very good bad post ok thank vennu man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite interesting! Been in this situation many times, 'TO SEND OR NOT TO SEND, THAT IS THE QUESTION'. Nice read. You should have been more detailed. It felt like you just grazed off the top. But that doesn't mean, it wasn't good, it would have been better with more 'material'. Well, you are only starting so I suppose, this is no biggie. You will do better. You write good, have decent grasp of the language, can ink your thoughts (in this case, type), nothing else you need. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete