Sunday 23 October 2016

Fragile Heart




One day my heart might just give up,
Everyday in class, it thinks I’m in danger
Every time I raise my hand to answer a question,
It tells me not to,
How?
By beating as fast as it can,
By pounding against my chest cavity
As if, as if trying to get out of my rib cage


So, I come home
I listen to some music, calm my nerves
I make a list, list of positive thoughts to keep in mind
I write a stupid poem about anxiety
Put the problem to bed
Or so I thought


For the next 2 months, I am hit by the most severe
Panic attacks and shakiness
I cry and I cry until I can’t breathe
But I pretend to be normal the next day,


Now, I hate myself
I can’t get out of my room
Hell, I can’t even get out of my bed
I close my eyes for an extra hour after I wake up
Forcing myself to go to sleep,
Because being awake means being tortured
by only your thoughts,

This time is wasted,
My life seems like a task,
I feel dead inside,
I’m a ghost, maybe I always was
A ghost pretending to be human,




No comments:

Post a Comment