Sunday 23 October 2016

It's all in your head

I wake up as miserable I was at night.
I feel so weak 
I have anxiety and I feel myself relapsing into depression
I was always in a constant battle with anxiety
but this time it won, 
it has taken control of me,
paralysed my limbs and numbed my body
But it's all in my head, all in my head


while all my friends make new friends
I sit alone on my bed, lights off
tears streaming down my face
'you're pathetic' says a voice in my head
'you never go to any parties, what a loser'
maybe they're right
but it's not my fault, I say in defence
and a flashback begins of all my worst moments
But it's all in my head, all in my head


Shit, I need to go to college
I need to get out of bed somehow,
you can do this,
As I enter the class and I feel a thousand eyes looking at me,
'they didn't even notice' i say to make myself feel better
I sit next to the wall,
everyone takes their seat but no one sits beside me
I'm the only one sitting alone, 
'you're a fucking loner' a voice says
I feel myself about to burst into tears but
I hold the feeling until after class
but it's all in my head, all in my head


I can't stop comparing myself 
to my friends, my brother and my parents,
I love them 
but when I look myself, I ask
Why can't I be normal? I'm so fucking abnormal
I'm a disappointment
but it's all in my head, all in my head


I've never been in a relationship
because my self-esteem is so low
it's almost non-existent 
'they wouldn't want you for long.' the voices echo in my he-
but it doesn't matter because...
you know, it's all in my head, all in my head


I'm eighteen now, 
People are supposed to have the time of their life at this age,
For me, days just keep passing by like the wind,
and I stand at the same place
feeling absolutely nothing as my world shatters
how many times will you fight it? 
there comes a time when you just give up
I should have known, I'm just a depressed soul. 

But it's all in my head, all in my head, 

No comments:

Post a Comment